Yet another success thanks to Everyday Food. This was the side dish suggested to go with the pork chops on the episode of Martha that I saw and I thought it looked so easy and so delicious. It did not disappoint! I love to have another idea for a starch side dish besides potatoes in my recipe box. I especially like that it uses frozen corn that you take straight out of the freezer and put it in to cook. Who has the time or money to buy corn on the cob, roast the corn cobs, cut the corn off the cobs, etc. This will be one of my go-to side dishes from now on. Creamy, easy, tasty, and cheap! What’s not to love??
Source: Everyday Food
* 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
* 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
* 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, simmer corn and 1/4 cup milk over medium heat until corn is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, adjust consistency with a little more milk.